As a part of my mom’s birthday celebration last year, since my yoga classes landed basically ON her birthday, I planned both the beginners class and the Mom + Me class around some of her favorite things!
For Mom + Me, I chose to theme class around her favorite Disney character: Tinker Bell!
I chose poses to practice with the kids that reflected each of the talents of the fairies from Pixie Hollow: water, flowers, flying, animals, light, and of course, tinkers!
I chose a variety of songs from Tinker Bell and the Neverbeast and Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy, but feel free to choose which tracks work best for your kids!
“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. Dreams are forever. All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust.” – Tinker Bell
- Boat pose
- Fish pose
- Toad (yogi squat)
- Tree pose
- Seed pose (child’s pose with the hands hugging feet)
- Airplane (warrior 3 or a partner/Acro pose)
- Spin in circles really fast!
Animal Faires – Fawn
- Fox (table top, lift L arm/R leg and balance, then R arm/ L leg and balance)
Light Fairies – Iridessa
- Star pose
- Half moon
- Sun salutations
- Moon salutations
And last but not least….
TINKER FAIRIES! – Tinker Bell
- Bound angle pose
- Cowface/double pigeon, corkscrew from one side to the other
- Twisting and binding poses
- Plow pose
Can you think of any other poses that fit into the elemental talents of the fairies of Pixie Hollow? Comment below and let me know!